🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Withdrawal Proposal Connects
Page options
thirosh0520
Community Member

Withdrawal Proposal Connects

Hello,

A few days ago, I submitted several proposals and my connects ended.😣 After a week, the client did not accept my proposals, so I withdrew my proposals.😟 How many days will it take to receive my connects back?😥

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hello Thirosh,

I'm afraid that Connects are not returned when you withdraw a proposal. Connects may only be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project's post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service.

You can check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hello Thirosh,

I'm afraid that Connects are not returned when you withdraw a proposal. Connects may only be returned under the following circumstances:

• If a project is canceled by the client before a contract is made. This does not apply to expired job posts.
  • If we remove a project's post because we believe it violates our Terms of Service.

You can check this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello Luiggi,

Thank you for your solution, but I have another question. If sometimes clients do not close job posts after they have been hired, what happens to my connects? Do they automatically get added to my account after one month?

Hi Thirosh,

Your Connects are not returned if the client chooses another freelancer, lets the job expire without hiring, or if you withdraw your proposal from a project. We encourage you to review the article Luiggi shared above to validate and for more information. Think carefully about a project before reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Luiggi. What should I do if a client ask me for sexual services? I enrolled for a job and in the description it didn't say that it was related to Only Fans, they only said it was for a chat center. So now that I know what they really want, I want my connects back... Aren't they violating the Terms of Service? I think you should remove the project's post.

Hi Julieta,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I've forwarded your report to the relevant team so that they can review this job post and take action based on our internal processes. Remember that you can always report these TOS violations using the available flagging options.

Once it's confirmed that the job is violating the TOS, it should be removed from the platform, and you'll receive your Connects back.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths