🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Withdrawn - too many and who has it been with...
Page options
52cb83de
Community Member

Withdrawn - too many and who has it been withdrawn by

Hi, 

I'm new to UP, so maybe someone can help me out with a question.

I just looked into my proposals sent in archives, and out of my 10 proposals, 8 have been 'withdrawn'. Which is why they went to 'archives'.

Who has withdrawn these? It wasn't me, would this be the client? And if yes, why such a high %?? 

This just seems strange to me, and this is such a high % to be throwing away credits on 😞 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
m_sharman
Community Member

Maria K wrote:

Hi, 

I just looked into my proposals sent in archives, and out of my 10 proposals, 8 have been 'withdrawn'. Which is why they went to 'archives'.

Who has withdrawn these? It wasn't me, would this be the client? And if yes, why such a high %?? 

This just seems strange to me, and this is such a high % to be throwing away credits on 😞 

Thanks

They may have hired or closed the jobs. You can click to the job post and see if someone has been hired. If you click "jobs in progress" you can often see who has been selected. 

If these jobs are still active and open, the client may have declined your proposal (although that's unusual, generally clients just ignore proposals that are not of interest).

If it's neither of these two things, there may be an issue, although it's unlikely.

Others with more experience may have further advice.

I know how frustrating it is to submit and not even have the opprotunity to interview. 

tlbp
Community Member

Maria K wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks

The percentage of jobs for which you aren't chosen may be very high, so be prepared for that. Many new Upworkers are surprised by the low hire rates. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths