cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Within minutes of posting, I was sent an email accusing me of requesting unpaid work? Why?

Highlighted
Thomas V Member Since: Jul 19, 2017
1 of 5

I have yet to be in contact with any Freelancer!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 5

@Thomas V wrote:

I have yet to be in contact with any Freelancer!

Did you maybe ask for a sample (that was project specific) in your post? If so it may have been flagged as asking for free samples, which I'm sure you know is against ToS. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Thomas,

It looks like there might have been a mistake. We'll update you directly via the ticket with more information.

Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

Thomas:

Don't take it personally.

Upwork uses many automated algorithms. These are created by regular people, like myself, who sometimes make mistakes.

It is possible you triggered a flawed automated algorithm that was looking for certain key words and phrases, and it misinterpreted your post.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 5

@Preston H wrote:

Thomas:

Don't take it personally.

Upwork uses many automated algorithms. These are created by regular people, like myself, who sometimes make mistakes.

It is possible you triggered a flawed automated algorithm that was looking for certain key words and phrases, and it misinterpreted your post.

Hmm - but he could have had his account suspended or worse because of the dodgy human algorithm!