🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Won't allow me to submit my profile for revie...
Page options
bradenharris
Community Member

Won't allow me to submit my profile for review

I have spent a lot of time creating a full profile with all the details it asks for, but when I click "review application" at the bottom of the page, nothing changes--it just takes me back to the same exact page with the "City" area unfilled. When left unfilled, an error message pops up telling me to fill these areas back in, but when I do so nothing changes. As far as I can tell I've completed the profile but something seems to be wrong with the page, and I'm assuming that means that no one is actually able to approve it.

I have tried refreshing the page; I have tried filling out everything; I have tried waiting for several days in case this is just the page they leave your application on before getting back to you, all to no avail. Please let me know how I can finish this process and start applying for work.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Braden,

I'm sorry about the problem you're having. I checked your account and see the city information is missing from the form. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies, using a different browser, completing the form again by making sure you type in your address > select it from from the drop menu as well as type in your city and selecting it from the available options? Let us know if the problem persists afterwards. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Braden,

I'm sorry about the problem you're having. I checked your account and see the city information is missing from the form. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies, using a different browser, completing the form again by making sure you type in your address > select it from from the drop menu as well as type in your city and selecting it from the available options? Let us know if the problem persists afterwards. 

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir. Using a different browser solved the problem. (I think the issue had to do with the fact that the "city" section wanted me to choose from a drop down list, but when I was using chrome that drop down list never actually appeared).

Hello! I'm having the same problem but with the phone number. 

I have tried to use a different browser without cookies and cache, I have tried to use annonymous page on chrome and tried to refresh.

What happens is that I always get to the screen where I have my whole profile and the button to submit it but I always get the same error message that says:

'Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact support.'  

In a pop-up window.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths