🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WorK Submission.
Page options
hijab_hassan
Community Member

WorK Submission.

Hi!

I have a client who wants me to submit my work which are 10 files in the message section. Should I do this or send it where "submit your work for payment" option is present (as shown in the picture)?

Which way is more advisable?

Kind Regards,

Hijab H **Edited for community guidelines**

Capture.PNG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hijab,

Thank you for reaching us with this message.

Freelancers can submit work through Messages in the dedicated message room created for a specific contract. On Fixed-price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link ("submit your work for payment" on your screenshot) on the contract details page in order to share the final product with their client and at the same moment request payment. 

You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hijab,

Thank you for reaching us with this message.

Freelancers can submit work through Messages in the dedicated message room created for a specific contract. On Fixed-price jobs, freelancers are advised to use the submit work link ("submit your work for payment" on your screenshot) on the contract details page in order to share the final product with their client and at the same moment request payment. 

You may read more about Fixed-Price Protection.

~ Bojan
Upwork

What if the client has already asked me to submit the files individually in the inbox? Should I still go for the other option?

Thank you for your help!

d86b0a6b
Community Member

okay... but if I submit it through the messages section (taking advantage of the greater file space above 25)... what if the client downloads the file and disapproves of my payment... I'm probably missing something, pls more clarity on that!

Hi Oluwademilade,

You will still need the "Submit Work for Payment" button, as this serves as the request to the client for you to get paid. You may want to check this help article to get more familiar with how Fixed-Price Contracts work.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
pfields0519
Community Member

Submit work for payment is where I would go, especially if the 10 files complete that assignment for payment.

Thank you for your help!
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should I do this or send it where 'submit your work for payment' option is present (as shown in the picture)?... What if the client has already asked me to submit the files individually in the inbox? Should I still go for the other option?"

You can use both.

If a client asks you to use a particular method, including the Upwork Messenger tool, then definitely use that method.

But ALWAYS use the official green "Submit Work" button as well. Because THAT is the button that starts the countdown on getting paid AUTOMATICALLY.

Thankyou so much for the your help.
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I very often have heard from clients that they can't open the files submitted together with the request for payment. I always do both. 

e8c166c6
Community Member

Hi comrades! 

What shall I do, if an external person contact me and offered me a project and we were agreed to start the assignment but before I started the assignment he requested from Me to deposit security fee  in such case what is the way forward.? 

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting and financial transactions outside Upwork are against our Terms of Service

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths