🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Work diary
Page options
afifh
Community Member

Work diary

Hi,
I am not getting the system if work hours like in local time it shows that I have worked 3 hrs and in utc it shows 2 hours.

I  started working from Monday

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Afif,

Because of the Time Zone difference, it looks like during one of the hours you worked on Monday your time, it was still Sunday UTC. And since the Weekly Billing Period ends on Sunday at 23:59 UTC and begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC, this time is being counted as work for last week. You can check this in your Work Diary or in your Overview, under the In Review tab.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndreaG

Hi Afif,

Because of the Time Zone difference, it looks like during one of the hours you worked on Monday your time, it was still Sunday UTC. And since the Weekly Billing Period ends on Sunday at 23:59 UTC and begins Monday at 00:00 midnight UTC, this time is being counted as work for last week. You can check this in your Work Diary or in your Overview, under the In Review tab.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
afifh
Community Member

Awesome Thank you so much

It is my 2nd job on Upwork 

a590ea6d
Community Member

Andrea, I'm having a different problem. The diary, which I assume is keeping track with my computer's time, isn't accounting accurately. Yesterday I started at 7:00am (for example) and work until 7:30am, then a second 30 minute session, and it showed up yesterday as 1:20hrs. I know that if you work 2 minutes into a ten minute section, it will do that, but it shouldn't have yesterday. So I worked 1 hour yessterday, but it showed up as 1:20. Today, I have worked 1 hour straight, but it showed up as only  0:40minutes.

Something is off. Although the total I have worked this week so far is correct, the daily work diary is wrong. Suggestion? Are others having this issue?

Thank you,

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

When you have logging turned on, the app takes random screen captures six times per hour — once per 10-minute billing segment. As you mentioned, if you've been working 2 minutes into a 10-minute segment and the tracker takes a screenshot, that segment will show on your Work Diary. The same applies if you've been working, for example, 8 minutes into a segment but the tracker has not taken a screenshot yet. Without a screenshot, a time segment cannot be logged into the Work Diary. You can learn more about Logging Time with Time Tracker here

I hope that explanation is helpful, please let me know if you need any further clarification!

~Andrea
Upwork
a590ea6d
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths