🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Work hour submit
Page options
chakrabortyprac
Community Member

Work hour submit

Hi.I am new to upwork.doing my first job of insta comment. Its a hourly project of one week.i have worked for 2+ hours already.but i have not added anything to work diary. I have just informed client on message. I can't Understand that do i need you submit any thing now as a proof of 2 hours? Or the payment will be charged from my client on the end of the week? I do not use any tracker or something like that . I just got so confused!!!!! Help me pleas.
2 REPLIES 2
wescowley
Community Member

For hourly contracts, you either need to use the Upwork time tracker or add manual time to the diary. It's best to use the tracker and put some meaningful (but brief) notes in the comments. Using the tracker is the only way your payments are protected by Upwork.

Since you haven't used the tracker on this one, you'll need to add manual time to your work diary, if the contract allows it. If it doesn't, you'll need to ask your client to turn on the manual time option or pay you with a bonus payment.

I suggest you read the info in this thread and in the help section before doing any more work so that you understand how to use Upwork.

NikolaS

Hi Prachy,

We suggest that you communicate with your client and discuss adding manual time for the hours you have worked so that you can be paid automatically for this project. Please take note that manual time is not covered by the Upwork Payment Protection Program for Hourly contract. We highly recommend that you log time with the Upwork Desktop App on future hourly contracts. 

Additionally, you may want to follow up with your client and ask them to process a bonus payment for the time you spent working on their project. Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths