🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Work references outside of Upwork
Page options
jpdavidnm
Community Member

Work references outside of Upwork

Is it possible to upload outside references to Upwork in my profile?  I have not done any jobs for Upwork yet and would like to upload some recent work references.

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Joan D wrote:

Thank you for your response, Saeed.  I will definitely review the link that you shared more carefully.  What I did not see, specifically, is uploading a reference from a past employer as opposed to a sample of my work that I might add to my portfolio.  Does this make sense?

joan

If you're asking whether you can upload a reference and have it show up in the feedback section, then no, that's not possible. But there's nothing to stop you from including some testimonials from past clients in your main profile description.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
saeedahmad0609
Community Member

Yes you can, just make sure that you own the portfolio item and you have the permission to use it in your portflio from your client. You can check this link for more details. 

Thank you for your response, Saeed.  I will definitely review the link that you shared more carefully.  What I did not see, specifically, is uploading a reference from a past employer as opposed to a sample of my work that I might add to my portfolio.  Does this make sense?

joan

Joan D wrote:

joan

If you're asking whether you can upload a reference and have it show up in the feedback section, then no, that's not possible. But there's nothing to stop you from including some testimonials from past clients in your main profile description.

Thank you, Christine.  I think that this answers my question.  I appreciate your time.

Best,

joan

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths