cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worked Hours in my profile

Highlighted
Padmavathy K Member Since: Oct 16, 2016
1 of 4

I got a job which is of Fixed price type. I entered the working hours in Work Diary but then it is not reflecting in my profile. I completed the job and the contract got ended. How to get these hours displayed in my profile?

This is my  first project.So please do help me.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Only hourly projects count towards hourly numbers

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 4

Unless Upwork changes it, and gives equal "value" to both hourly and fixed rate proposals, only hours accumulated on hourly jobs are displayed on your profile, For fixed rate jobs, it just displays fixed rate.

This is kind of a disadvantage to freelancers who work just on fixed rate jobs. If a client sets a requirement of X number of hours, and you have 50 fixed rate jobs that total well over the hourly requirement , when you submit your proposal a warning appears that you did not meet the clients requirements.

And although your proposal is sent to the client, there is no 100% definitive, clear way of knowing if the client will read proposals with that message or just automatically skip over them.

I sure wish Upwork would either get rid of that hourly requirement or add to that ---   X amount of hours OR X amount of jobs

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

Upwork is never going to count hours worked on fixed-price contracts alongside the hours worked on hourly contracts.

Why? Because there is no way to do so that would not be a mockery of the system.

YOU would not cheat the system. But others would.

Unscrupulous freelancers would get hired for a fixed-price contract, to write an article for $25.00. And it took them 100 hours to write the article.

The client pays the same, and the dishonest freelancer suddenly catapults herself in terms of the hours she worked.

That's the point of displaying total earnings... to give credit to freelancers who work fixed-price contracts.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS