cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working Outside Upwork

Poh Yee N Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
1 of 12

Hello, i receive this reply from one of my client.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Do i need to trust on the client and continue work? Or i should inform him everything need to be in upwork? 

Thanks.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 12

@Wisely N wrote:
Do i need to trust on the client and continue work? Or i should inform him everything need to be in upwork? 

Wisely, do you have a contract with the client? If you don't, then don't do any work until you have a contract. And if you don't know if you have a contract, then read some of the posts in the New to Upwork section of the Community Discussions that will explain how hiring at Upwork works. Work wisely like your name.

3 of 12

Hi John, 

thanks for your reply and nice to know you. The client had decline my proposal after i emailed them the artwork (with trademark) and the reason is they had choose the right freelancer. Maybe for them, i'm not the right freelancer. By the way, i'll remember your word and beware on the next case happen. Take it as a good experience! Thanks a lot.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 12

You're welcome and good luck going forward. If by trademark you mean watermark, then the client probably can't use your artwork anyway, but it's best if clients judge you by your portfolio rather than a sample. 

5 of 12

If someone on the internet promises to pay you, what do you think (from an Upwork perspective) your next step or response should be?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 12

Hi Wisely,

While you can communicate with clients outside of Upwork, it's important that they still send you an offer on Upwork and make all the payments via an official contract. If the client offers to pay you outside of Upwork, please report them. Also, check out this post for more useful resources for new freelancers.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
7 of 12

Valeria, your patience is an example to us all!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 12

lol she does for sure, but the OP is about to get scammed methinks. Or well, the way she worded it seems like she's already been scammed.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 12

@Jennifer M wrote:

lol she does for sure, but the OP is about to get scammed methinks. Or well, the way she worded it seems like she's already been scammed.

I think so too.

However much he is hated (or loved) this site needs Simon Cowell - any of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLiRQhOcd2w

Smiley Happy

Poh Yee N Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
10 of 12

Hi Jennifer, 

Luckily this time is not a scammed. They had decline my proposal after i had send them my artwork (with trademark) in email. The reason they decline just because they had choose another freelancer. Maybe i'm not the right freelancer for them?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS