🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Working for US customers from EU?
Page options
hubert-jaworski
Community Member

Working for US customers from EU?

Hello,

In the [Tax Information]/[W8-BEN] section of settings, I need to agree that

1. the above information is true and correct and I will update it if it changes,
  2. I am the beneficial owner (or am authorized to sign for the beneficial owner) of all the income to be received under this Upwork account,
  3. I am not (or the beneficial owner is not) a U.S. person,
  4. the services performed under this Upwork account will not be performed in the U.S. and
  5. the income related to this Upwork account will not be effectively connected with the conduct of a U.S. trade or business.

Does that mean that as a non-US person I cannot apply for jobs from US?

Regards,

Hubert

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hubert,

You'll be able to work for clients in the U.S that do not set a U.S Only freelancer preference for for their job posting.

~Nina

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Hubert,

Please consult with a legal or immigration adviser about whether or not you have legal permission to work while in the U.S, as we won't be able to advise or provide information about your particular case here.

~Nina

Hi Nina, thanks for quick reply.

I'm not and will not be in the US 🙂

Point 5 is just ambiguous and I don't fully understand if I (located in Poland, Europe) can work for clients from the US.

~Hubert

Hi Hubert,

You'll be able to work for clients in the U.S that do not set a U.S Only freelancer preference for for their job posting.

~Nina
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths