🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Working from team viewer
Page options
noman_aadma
Community Member

Working from team viewer

hello i am new to upwork a client come to my chat and ask me to work on team viewer so i asked how

he told me that he will give his system's teamviewer credentials then i have to start upwork's desktop

application and start counter then i should open my teamviewer and put his credentials in mine so i can access his system and open project folders and work in his system is this possible, what about violation? is this allowed?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

I often hire freelancers to help me do things on my computer or servers that I do not know how to do. Often I want to learn vearious procedures and techniques. I hire the freelancers using an hourly contract, and then use TeamViewer while they access my computer and help me do things.

It's totally okay to do that.

The freelancers are paid for their time while they help me, as they are using the Upwork time-tracker tool.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

Noman, that’s permitted but the client first has to hire you for an hourly contract so you can use Upwork time tracker.

I often hire freelancers to help me do things on my computer or servers that I do not know how to do. Often I want to learn vearious procedures and techniques. I hire the freelancers using an hourly contract, and then use TeamViewer while they access my computer and help me do things.

It's totally okay to do that.

The freelancers are paid for their time while they help me, as they are using the Upwork time-tracker tool.

Thanks a lot

Anyway... I carefully read your original post. This is what I do as a client.

I provide TeamViewer credentials to the freelancer. The freelancer types those into his TeamViewer application, and then he can take control of my computer and help me while I watch. Technically, we BOTH have control of the computer.

The client you describe is being honest and helpful.

He is instructing you to start your Upwork desktop app and track time because he wants you to get paid.

He is providing you with the credentials so you can connect to his computer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths