🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Working in a different location
Page options
df8e60a9
Community Member

Working in a different location

Hi everyone!

I have two houses in different cities. Next week I will go to my own house in a different city. And I will live there for a few months. During this time, I will continue to work in the new location. What should I do to secure my profile and Upwork future activities?

Thank you.

Cenk

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Mehmet Cenk,

If you're moving for an extended period of time we suggest you update your location. Check out this help article to learn how to edit your Account Information.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AndreaG

Hi Mehmet Cenk,

If you're moving for an extended period of time we suggest you update your location. Check out this help article to learn how to edit your Account Information.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hey Andrea! 

I have a similar problem, but for example I am from Romania and I travel around the world a lot, so I'm trying to find jobs along the way. The problem is that now I can't send a proposal because it requests UK ID, which I don't have even if I'm here for 2 months and soon I will go to Dubai and I'm planning to work through upwork as well, but I'm expecting the same situation. What can be done?

You don't need to update your location if you're travelling, only if you move. How are you travelling in the UK at the moment anyway? The whole country is in lockdown, so you're breaking the law if you're travelling for non-essential purposes.

Christine A wrote:
You don't need to update your location if you're travelling, only if you move. How are you travelling in the UK at the moment anyway? The whole country is in lockdown, so you're breaking the law if you're travelling for non-essential purposes.

He forgot to mention he has 5 houses in all the locations.

Trust me that I know that better than you. I'm here since before the previous lockdown and meanwhile I have an essential job that actually helps people stay in their homes. All good with the examination? Don't hesitate to contact me for more unrelated to the subject questions you may have!

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed or edited from this thread for Community Guidelines. We encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and avoid making personal attacks.

Thank you!

~ Nikola
Upwork

You could encourage this kind of guru's to stay out of their business, and problem is solved. Thanks!

Hi,

I can not work now. You told me that you can not authenticate my ID. Please check my issue. I came here for my business. 

Thanks 

Hi Marogy,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths