🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Working on H1B Visa
Page options
shahpalakcrm
Community Member

Working on H1B Visa

Hello All,

I am new to Upwork and currently working on H1B visa. I see few threads earlier mentioned that H1Bs are not eligible for assignments on H1B. Is it still the case?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Palak,

Unfortunately we can't advise you on whether you are eligible to work on Upwork. Regardless of where you are living, you are responsible for ensuring you can lawfully do so.

If you are not clear on whether you can use Upwork to find and perform services for clients, you may wish to discuss your situation with an immigration attorney or other trusted advisor. If you do not have the proper authorization, you may not use Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
scientistbhoot
Community Member

You can read this post. Click Here

It's an old post, Idk the current status. Maybe a Moderator can help you with that information.

Thanks.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Palak S wrote:

Hello All,

I am new to Upwork and currently working on H1B visa. I see few threads earlier mentioned that H1Bs are not eligible for assignments on H1B. However I wanted to check if I work with upwork through my employer, will I become eligible then? Also, if ans to the first question is yes, how do I setup my employer to withdraw my payment?

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

I don't see how you can work on upwork through your current employer. You don't seem to understand how the H1B visa works and how monstrously unwise it is to post a question such as this on a public forum. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Palak,

Unfortunately we can't advise you on whether you are eligible to work on Upwork. Regardless of where you are living, you are responsible for ensuring you can lawfully do so.

If you are not clear on whether you can use Upwork to find and perform services for clients, you may wish to discuss your situation with an immigration attorney or other trusted advisor. If you do not have the proper authorization, you may not use Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths