🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Working outside the platform.
Page options
615e39fb
Community Member

Working outside the platform.

Does someone has heard about **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I received a proposal of someone who claims to work for Upwork and it's asking for interviews via Skype and other data.

The profile seems legit and with a lot of history but I'm not sure about it...

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Erick,

Could you reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I cant send you a PM.

Hi Erick,

I just sent you a Test PM and it was sucsefull. Could you try to reply there? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, the problem it's that I received a proposal from an account that
seems to be legit but then they asked for a Skype Id and a CV, but the most
important thing it's that they gave me and email in which appears the
upwork name as if they work for...

Hi Erick,

You were able to reply on my PM. Please follow up there with more information about this along with the email and the name of the person who has reached out to you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erick, 

I reviewed this carefully and can see that you have been invited to send a proposal for an Enterprise Client. If you check the job post, you will see the Upwork Enterprise Client logo on the right-hand side of the job post. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.01.04 PM.png

As noted in this announcement post, clients who utilize Upwork Business and Enterprise solutions are permitted to request and share contact information, as well as to conduct interviews or pre-contract communications, outside of Upwork. This exception extends to professionals’ communications with an Upwork Business or Enterprise client.

I can confirm that sharing contact information, and communicating outside of Upwork even before the contract has started is permitted in this case since the client is an Enterprise Client. I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths