🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Working time
Page options
aleksandr-kosovt
Community Member

Working time

Hello, dear

I am new to upwork and know ToS is so strict here.
I want to know about working time.

If I work for the client with different time zone, it would be better to work on his timezone.

At that time, I will have to work at night in my timezone and if so, my account will be online 24hours a day.

Then, is it against the ToS?

Doesn't it affect my account?

3 REPLIES 3
lucioric
Community Member

Hi. Yes, you can choose to work at afternoon or night when you work for other timezones, like I do, but you need to sleep for example late in night and in mornings (beware of the potential conflict if you have spouse), but then anyways you are not online the 24 hours. Also, if you work with clients of different timezones, you can allocate a time to conversate wih them but can do part of the work while they are asleep, deliver and then go to sleep (not adivices to try to follow strictly the clients timezone if you have trouble getting to start sleep).

aleksandr-kosovt
Community Member

Thank you for your response.

Then, 24 hours online is bad affecting on account?

I mean, if my chat time is not regular and online at any time a day, it is bad for account?

I would be so appreciate if you help me with this issue.

Hi Aleksandr,

I checked and it seems that you already have an open ticket for your question. Feel free to follow up on the ticket if you have any questions and one of our agents will assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths