🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Worth it to apply to a project with a tim...
Page options
daydreamdesigns
Community Member

Worth it to apply to a project with a time zone you're not in?

Hey Upworkers

I was just wondering ... do you think it's worth it to apply to a project with a specific time zone and you're not in it?

For example, there's a job I think I would be a good match for, but they have specified an Eastern time zone (US) and I'm in Pacific.

Sometimes I wonder if the clients actually mean to  put that when they upload their project details.

I don't want to waste my time or connects

What are your thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6
mystudiomke
Community Member

If you think you're a good fit for what they are looking for I would go for it. 

I had many jobs where initially they were looking for their specific time zone (I am PT too) but skills beat that small qualification.

Hope that helps,

Lila
masudkhan65
Community Member

Yes i am agree

I don't care what time zone peope are in. I don't even know where that information can be found.

I guess this might be important for a few types of jobs. But for most of the work done on Upwork, time zone doesn't matter.

Also waving hi from the Pacific Time Zone!

It is often important for adminstrative and customer support jobs. 

Depending on the job I would apply if you feel the job is a good fit for your skills.

You'll find it in the proposal details

oih.png

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kendra C wrote:

Hey Upworkers

I was just wondering ... do you think it's worth it to apply to a project with a specific time zone and you're not in it?

For example, there's a job I think I would be a good match for, but they have specified an Eastern time zone (US) and I'm in Pacific.

Sometimes I wonder if the clients actually mean to  put that when they upload their project details.

I don't want to waste my time or connects

What are your thoughts?

I assume they want that for easier communication, and if it's a job that requires constant communication, they likely will not accept freelancers in a different time zone that they specified. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths