🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Would anyone be willing to review my prof...
Page options
khoward003
Community Member

Would anyone be willing to review my profile?

Hello Upwork Community,

I am new to this community and am excited at the opportunities available here.  I recently received my first job (after submitting about 30 applications with no experience at upwork) and am wondering if someone would be kind enough to take a look at my profile and provide me with some feedback? My background as a whole is in mental health, however throughout my education and jobs I have had since I was a teenager, I have gained the skills that brought me here on this website.

I would very much appreciate any feedback you have or suggestions on how I can improve.

Thank you!!!

Kelly

21 REPLIES 21
728dd769
Community Member

Looks excellent to me. I would suggest perhaps learning and studying Data science. Its more in demand with great career prospect and plenty of online learning options.

Thank you!!!!

Thank you so much for taking a look at my profile! I appreciate the suggestion about studying data science, I will definitely look into that!

Just a friendly heads up from a data scientist...

You're going to need much more math and programming skill/experience to accurately bill yourself as a data scientist.

Thanks for the feedback! However, I'm not sure where I stated I was a data scientist? I do data entry and have been doing it for years. If you could provide some clarification I would appreciate it!

Earlier in the thread, someone else recommended data science and I was responding to that comment 😉
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I would lose the Data Entry in your title.  That will only lead to scam jobs.  Focus a  bit more on your schools and less on your education.  Initially, the client only sees the first 2 or 3 lines of your profile so use that real estate to highlight your skills.

The same thing is true of your proposals.  Initially, the client only sees the first couple of lines so be sure to address their needs and your ability to help them with those needs.  I would also add at least a couple of things to your portfolio.  I know it's difficult with editing and proofreading but try to come up with something.

All in all, it looks good.  It takes a while to find your niche here.  Be patient.  There is loads of valuable information about freelancing both on this site and on the internet. Take it all in and evaluate what you read.  Remember, as a freelancer you are essentially a business owner so be sure you portray yourself confidently.  Good luck!

Your profile doesn't show any jobs.  Are you sure you received and accepted a contract through Upwork??

My education is listed on my profile, and I looked at it on view my profile as other see it and I can see my education listed.  I did receive a contract through Upwork, I'm curious if anyone else sees nothing there as well? Are you looking at it on a computer or mobile device?

Thanks!

I''m old.  I meant "Skills", not schools.  Sorry.

You're not old! Thanks for clarifying though 🙂 

@Mary W wrote:

I''m old.  I meant "Skills", not schools.  Sorry.

Your sense of humour is great!

Hi Kelly!

You've done a good job on your profile👍.

I think you should separate each task you can perform with a vertical bar instead of a slash, it looks neater that way. And about your contract not displaying on your profile, I didn't see it too but I'm viewing on a mobile device. Give it 24 hours, let's see...

Thank you Victor! I appreciate you taking a look.  Where should the contract be found on your profile? I am still working on the contract from a job I accepted, or are you discussing a different contract?  Can you see my educations and employment history? 

Thanks!

Kelly

Hi Kelly. A job isn't listed in your profile until you've received some payment from it. I'm not sure if the same is true for when a job gets included in the displayed total number of jobs, but I would guess it is. So that's probably the reason your current job isn't shown in your profile. 

The place that all your jobs should be listed is under "My Jobs".

Thank you! I will be submitting my completed work this weekend, so I will look for it on my profile once it is completed. I appreciate the feedback!

Thank you so much for your feedback Mary!  I am confused what you mean by focusing more on my "schools" and less on my education? 

mdkhan0465
Community Member

Hello Kelly,

It is common for new freelancers to get their very first job. Pleased to know that you got yours. First job is like a kickstarter. Now hopefully you'll keep getting new jobs. There are few advices, that I think would be suitable for your profile. Click Here to read those.

~~~Solayman

Thank you so much for the feedback and advice! I took a look at the link you sent and it was helpful and encouraging.
digiphics
Community Member

Spoiler

I second Mary's advise. And oh how I miss the PNW...

Thank you! Sorry for the delayed response.  The PNW is great, especially this time of year 🙂 Been here for over 20 years and there isn't anywhere else like it!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths