cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Would like some info to get started.

Armands M Member Since: May 1, 2017
1 of 6

First of all, I'd like to thank you so much for hosting this website, as it has given me a wonderful work opportunity!

Second of all, I've got a few quick questions about it regarding freelancing, as I registered as one a week ago.

1. What work should a newbie like me look for?

2. Is it safe to trust clients?

3. Any other tips you veterans would like to share with a newbie such as myself?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Armands.

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
2 of 6

@Armands:

IMO per your Profile picture and the content within your Profile you are not taking this seriously.  If you are serious about becoming a successful Freelancer on the Upwork platform there's a wealth of information within this Community and within Help and Support.  All you need to do is search for what you're wanting to learn about and read...  Best of luck to you.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 6

@Armands M wrote:

First of all, I'd like to thank you so much for hosting this website, as it has given me a wonderful work opportunity!

Second of all, I've got a few quick questions about it regarding freelancing, as I registered as one a week ago.

1. What work should a newbie like me look for?

2. Is it safe to trust clients?

3. Any other tips you veterans would like to share with a newbie such as myself?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards, Armands.

Here's my tips.

1) "having puberty" doesn't belong in anyone's overview.

2) What work a newbie like you should look for?  Upwork is not here to train you. Find work in the real world and work at developing a skill as most of us did; then come back to try your hand at freelancing.

3) Without any portfolio samples, please don't call your self a logo designer, or any kind of designer for that matter.

Armands M Member Since: May 1, 2017
4 of 6

Heh, I was going for a goofy self-image in this website, I guess it's not a good idea then.

I don't quite get the 2nd tip, though.

By "skill" do you mean actual knownledge over things or simply work experience?

Because I know I'm ready to help out the clients after seeing what they have requested. If I was going to look for training, I would have probably registered here as a "client", so skill-wise I think I'm good.

I really do appreciate all the replies and tips though, cheers!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 6

Your profile and your photo need to be changed.

If you are planning to "drop out" of your present educational program, then clients may not understand that you have anything to offer them.

You seem to be extremely young to be a freelancer.  Upwork requires that you be 18 years old to have an account. If you are older than that, then  you need to do some rapid growing up and decide what you can do that clients would want to pay you for. Your skills such as you represent them to be, are offered by thousands of serious, experienced  professionals. So if you want to join their ranks, you had better shape up, or ship out.

This site is not Facebook, so goofy pics are unlikely to win you any jobs.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
6 of 6

"If I was going to look for training, I would have probably registered here as a "client", so skill-wise I think I'm good."

God help the freelancers who work for you. Skill-wise you are deluding yourself, unless you have some serious background and a portfolio to support your claim.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS