🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Writers: Text Editor and Upwork's Platform
Page options
aroseisarose
Community Member

Writers: Text Editor and Upwork's Platform

Hello,

Mods, please move this to a more appropriate subforum if necessary! Thanks.

For those of you writing articiles and other content, what kind of text editor is popular or standard? l'm looking for something that will allow me to format in HTML and preview how my content will look with images included and text formatting, etc.

Also, what is the format used when the work is submitted to upwork? l'll be turning in my first project, l haven't yet looked at the link. Can the ''submit work for payment'' link be previewed? Is there a tool to edit text there?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Allison Celeste R wrote:

1) For those of you writing articiles and other content, what kind of text editor is popular or standard? l'm looking for something that will allow me to format in HTML and preview how my content will look with images included and text formatting, etc.

2) Also, what is the format used when the work is submitted to upwork? l'll be turning in my first project, l haven't yet looked at the link. Can the ''submit work for payment'' link be previewed? Is there a tool to edit text there?

1) The first thing (before even accepting the contract) is to clarify that with the client! Then send your work in that format. Not all clients can cope with every format, so that needs to be agreed in advance.

2) The Submit Work and Request Payment function simply lets you attach the file (whatever file you and the client agreed on.) There is no preview function, it's just an "Upload file" button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Allison Celeste R wrote:

1) For those of you writing articiles and other content, what kind of text editor is popular or standard? l'm looking for something that will allow me to format in HTML and preview how my content will look with images included and text formatting, etc.

2) Also, what is the format used when the work is submitted to upwork? l'll be turning in my first project, l haven't yet looked at the link. Can the ''submit work for payment'' link be previewed? Is there a tool to edit text there?

1) The first thing (before even accepting the contract) is to clarify that with the client! Then send your work in that format. Not all clients can cope with every format, so that needs to be agreed in advance.

2) The Submit Work and Request Payment function simply lets you attach the file (whatever file you and the client agreed on.) There is no preview function, it's just an "Upload file" button.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

You will submit your work thru Upwork to your client.

Upwork has no interest in the format of the files you submit to clients for review and approval.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths