🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Writing proposals for work offered.
Page options
rrrraygo90
Community Member

Writing proposals for work offered.

Hi there! I"m new to Upwork and I have been offered some work. I wasn't able to make a webinar that was scheduled last month that was all about writing proposals and finding work. Does anyone know any links to some recorded webinars of this nature that I can watch to help me get some info on how to get started? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard, 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

You may also want to check out the past webinars listed here, and here, and check which ones will be beneficial to you. You will need to register on the link to get access to the Webinar recording. 

Welcome to Upwork! 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

Hi Richard,
I don't have any link of the recorded webinar.
But here are some article links regarding the topics how to create proposals, how to write cover letter, how to win the first job which I think are really helpful to succeed as a freelancer on Upwork.
I personally got highly benefitted from those.
Check them out,
1) https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs/
2)
https://www.upwork.com/blog/2010/05/how-to-write-a-cover-letter/
3)
https://www.upwork.com/blog/2017/01/land-first-job-upwork/

Cheers!

Thank you so much for this information! This is going to be very helpful. I
appreciate your prompt response.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard, 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

You may also want to check out the past webinars listed here, and here, and check which ones will be beneficial to you. You will need to register on the link to get access to the Webinar recording. 

Welcome to Upwork! 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you so much for these resources! 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Richard R wrote:

Hi there! I"m new to Upwork and I have been offered some work. I wasn't able to make a webinar that was scheduled last month that was all about writing proposals and finding work. Does anyone know any links to some recorded webinars of this nature that I can watch to help me get some info on how to get started? 

If you've received an offer, make sure you have everything you need to do the work before you accept it. If you have specific questions, ask them here, and make sure you don't agree to anything that is against ToS such as cashing checks or receiving other payment outside of upwork. 

Thanks for these warnings! I have some offers for which I will need to buy books for book reviews, and I didn't think that it would be crucial to purchase the book online and have it in my hands BEFORE actually taking the job, so as to ensure a prompt completetion of the gig. Thanks so much for your input on this. 

re: "I have some offers for which I will need to buy books for book reviews, and I didn't think that it would be crucial to purchase the book online and have it in my hands BEFORE actually taking the job, so as to ensure a prompt completetion of the gig. Thanks so much for your input on this."

Real clients and companies who want to hire somebody to write a book review will send the book itself to the reviewer.

Otherwise there's a good chance you are dealing with a scammer or schemer.

If a client won't send you a physical book itself or send you the electronic book (at no cost to yourself), then the client must pay you the money to buy the book BEFORE you buy the book. The client may pay you using the Pay Expenses or Pay Bonus tool that is part of the client-side interface.

And of course you will keep in mind that Upwork doesn't allow its users to violate Amazon ToS, and Amazon has strict prohibitions against paid reviews. So the client you're talking about is presumably referring to reviews done for some other purpose.

dd5f3966
Community Member

Writing work 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths