🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Country
Page options
leeloo0905
Community Member

Wrong Country Information

Hello. I accidentally entered in my vacation location as my information, because I thought I needed to enter where I actually am and made a mistake. My permanent address is in the USA. I would like to change this. 

11 REPLIES 11
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Lee,

Your profile on Upwork should reflect your permanent location and we will be happy to change your location to U.S. You may need to check with a legal advisor whether your visa/documents allow you to legally work while your in your vacation location.

~Nina

Hello Nina,

I am American but now live in the UK, would it be possible to make sure my profile reflects this?

Thanks,

Preyanka

Hi Preyanka,

I've updated your country to UK. Please log in to your Upwork account and update your address on file. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
guillemvila
Community Member

Hello. I accidentally set my country to the USA instead of Spain where I am currently located. How do I change this?

Hi Guillem,

Our team will change your country shortly, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
celinekarout
Community Member

I recently signed up for Upwork and while submiiting my applicaion, by default my country is selected as France and it is disable for me to update. I want to update it ot United States but I cannot do it so I just have to submit the appplication with France as my country. Can you please help me out? I don't know where and whom should i contact.

@ Celine -- Your time zone suggests that you do not reside in the United States, but that you live in Europe. Your work history strongly suggests that France is, indeed, the correct location for you.

Hello Celine,

I just changed your country to United States. If you want to change your country, you can change it directly via Account Settings > Contact Info > Location. Thank you!

Untitled

Kindly change my Country to India so I can verify my mobile number.
Tried everything but couldn't change it as it was set by default

Hi Ravish,

Your country has been updated to India. Feel free to continue with compleating your profile. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
gmmr
Community Member

Hello. I accidentally set my country to the USA instead of Venezuela where I am currently located. How do I change this? I was registering and I made that mistake. Now I'm stuck on CREATE-PROFILE because this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths