🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Wrong verified name
Page options
nhungwrites
Community Member

Wrong verified name

Hi,

I've finished a few jobs already but not until recently did I realize that the verified name on my contract is wrong. However, the name displayed on my profile and invoice is still correct. How to fix this?

Thanks,

Nhung

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Nhung,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
NikolaS

Hi Nhung,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kert-una
Community Member

Hello Nikola S.,

I have exactly the same problem. I received an ID verification badge last week. My Thailand government-issued ID has both the Thai and English spellings of my full name. The English spelling is also the names on my profile and account. However, my verified name in English that appears on a contract has been spelt incorrectly. Consequently, my payment method (commercial bank) has been dropped. Please refer to my attached files. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kubilay

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Kubilay,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name and payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I'm also having the exact problem too. Upon checking my account since I changed my payment method from Paypal to Direct to Local Bank. Upon checking on guidelines on how Direct to Local Bank method works I found out that my verified name is mispelled. Please see attached files. Thank you.

Regards, 

Ellyssa Carisse Lisan

Hi Ellyssa,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team contact you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, I'm experiencing a similar problem regarding a name change. Could you please have support contact me. Thank you. 

Hi Phil,

I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fcaaafe5
Community Member

Hey, I have the same issue, my verified name is wrong (first name only), also I want to make sure that the payment account is verified, how do I know?

e5a14e53
Community Member

I am facing the same issue i want to reset my verified name its not matching my bank account name..i have updated it in contact info but it doesnt work..kindly reset my verified name i will verify my identity again..

Screenshot_20231027-184025_Upwork Talent.jpg

Hi Faizan,

I see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. Kindly allow more time for the team to get back to you and assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kert-una
Community Member

My problem was solved within 9 hours of my query's submission. Thank you very much for your speedy response.

barbs123
Community Member

Hi, how I can contact Upwork for me to recover my salary from last Wednesday, May 18, 2022. I had a problem since I entered the wrong bank account number. Is it possible to recover it? Please, I need to know what the steps I need to do in order to recover it. Thank you so much.

Solved already. Thanks.

baderobaid
Community Member

Hello, 
"I've finished a few jobs already but not until recently did I realize that the verified name on my contract is wrong. However, the name displayed on my profile and invoice is still correct. How to fix this?" 

I have the same problem and i hope you can fix it ( My Correct name is Bader Obaid ) not Bader Obaid Afaf,

The name displayed on my profile is correct while on invoices and contracts is not 

Thank you 

Hi Bader,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths