🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Wrongly ended a contract early - can I reacti...
Page options
mark-winwood
Community Member

Wrongly ended a contract early - can I reactivate the contract?

I've been working on my first 'hourly' job. All was going well with the client but then they dropped off the radar. Returning none of my messages, I began to panic. I submitted an invoice after a couple of weeks to move them into action a bit, I was paid automatically, but still no correspondence...So I ended the contract after a month silence. I gave them very good feedback: I've really enjoyed working with her, except for the communication rating. I had made a schoolboy error of being so excited about actually getting a commission that we hadnt discussed money because she was in a real hurry to get the work turned round and we just got on with the work - and I thought this was the problem. She had told me she'd been let down by designers before.

I ended the contract, but she immediately returned an email saying she has been very busy, there's no issues on her side and so lets continue...my question: how do I restart the contract? And more importantly, how do I erase the testimonial I submitted?! It's not a bad testimonial but I want to give her a better one when the job is finally done. Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately you will not able to reopen the same contract. The client will need to hire you on a new contract. 

Regarding your testimonial, I think you`re referring to the feedback provided once a contract is closed, correct? You will not be able to delete your feedback from the closed contract and your client will have 14 days to provide feedback to you as well.
If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up with additional questions! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately you will not able to reopen the same contract. The client will need to hire you on a new contract. 

Regarding your testimonial, I think you`re referring to the feedback provided once a contract is closed, correct? You will not be able to delete your feedback from the closed contract and your client will have 14 days to provide feedback to you as well.
If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up with additional questions! Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for such a quick reply. Ok, all this is good to know. Stay safe,
Mark
--
*Mark Winwood Photography*
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths