🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: You don't have a valid billing method on ...
Page options
fa663873
Community Member

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offe

Hello 

I am trying to hire someone but once i proceed payment it shows this massage (

You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer) 
I connect my account to paypal.

Please help me
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Badar,

To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information.  Please refer to this help article on PayPal's site for more information on how to verify your PayPal account and feel free to reach out to PayPal support team for the additional assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Badar,

To add Paypal as your billing method on Upwork, you will need to link your Paypal account to either a credit card or a bank account. You can read this help article for more information.  Please refer to this help article on PayPal's site for more information on how to verify your PayPal account and feel free to reach out to PayPal support team for the additional assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
41eb2212
Community Member

hi 

i have linked paypal with my visa credit card but still facing same issue.

kindly help me to resolve this issue.

i'm from dubai

Hi Alexa,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

i have still facing problem to pay with paypal. upwork team told me that they have removed restriction from my paypal account but same popup displays again & again. please reffer some reasonable member of your team to resolve my issue ASAP. This issue contiually causes dely in completeing my work.

Regards,

Alexa 

Hi Alexa,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your billing method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same issue with me. You don't have a valid payment method on file with upwork. Please correct this before making an offer.
Please solve this problem so that I could be able to pay.

Hi Saurabh,

Could you please check your PayPal account and the preferred payment methods you have set in your Wallet? You may also contact PayPal customer support to check if your account is set up correctly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
94ec841c
Community Member

Facing the same issue as well. I have used my debit card to hire 2 freelancers before but this issue appears now so I cant hire another one 

I have 2 freelancers working for me, I was trying to hire another freelancer today but it says Charged Failed. My card is not at the limit and it has sufficient balance. I was able to use it before but I don't know why I can't now. It also says I'm payment unverified, but how? My card is working and I managed to buy connects using my card just now. 

Hi Angeline,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
94ec841c
Community Member

Thanks Ms. Joanne

Hoping they will reach out soon since I badly need to hire this freelancer asap for the project. 

20da88f0
Community Member

Yes, I have the same issue. I have link my bank account but still it says no valid billing method file. Please help. Thank you

Hi Mun,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue with your billing method. I checked and I see that we were unable to charge your current billing method. Please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method on your PayPal wallet.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
mattfuchylo
Community Member

Hello,
I have exactly the same problem. I cannot pay because of this error. I used to pay with exactly this card many times before and I never had such problem. How may I repair it?

Hi Mateusz,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you with this.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths