🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » You must make changes to your profile before ...
Page options
paulnitu
Community Member

You must make changes to your profile before you can submit a proposal.

Hey, 

I recently submitted my profile to upwork and i`m not sure if i got accepted or not.

On the one hand I got this message: 

Congrats, you're now part of Upwork! Tips to get started:

You'll win more jobs by using the Upwork app. Get the app

Submit eye-catching proposals. And remember, it can often take more than 5 proposals to win your first client.

Read up on Upwork payment protection for working through Upwork.

On the other hand, I can`t seem to be able to submit a proposal for jobs (I get the following message):

You must make changes to your profile before you can submit a proposal.

Thanks,

Paul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Paul.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
nayeem_imtiaz
Community Member

You have to build your profile properly before submitting a proposal.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Paul.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork
fjcsagun
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I have similar issue and cannot submit proposals as well. Hope you could help me with this.

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francis, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

I also have the similar problem regarding the submission of proposals. Please help me with this problem

Thank you

Hi Glenn, 

I have asked the team to look into this and I'll get back to you once I have more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello Avery! I have recently met this problem too! Can you help me please. Thank you so much!!

Hi Shermukhammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I m facine the same problem can you help me please 

I have the same problem can you help me please

Hi Tadjeni,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue you are describing. You should have no issues submitting proposals. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please send us the screenshot of the error from your end so that we can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My profile was recently approved. However, I cant send proposals. A message on top says "You must make changes to your profile before you can submit proposal".

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Francis, 

I apologize for the delay. Please know that the team is currently reviewing your account, and should there be any issues, they will reach out to you through an email. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi moderators,

I have a similar issue, when I try to submit a proposal, i goot the following message :

"We were unable to process your proposal due to missing address information. Add your full address."

But my full address is already in my profile, so I am stuck, please help.

Hi Lily,

I checked but couldn't replicate the issue you are describing. You should have no issues submitting proposals. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please send us the screenshot of the error from your end so that we can check and assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Please I have the same issue. I’ll appreciate if you could help. At first I thought it was because I had a proposal that wasn’t acknowledged. Even after withdrawing that proposal. I still could send another one.

It keeps telling me this “You must make changes to your profile before you can submit a proposal.”

Thanks.

Oluyomi

Hi Oluyomi,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
96d8125d
Community Member

Hi guys, I have the same issue as OP. I checked on both desktop and the app. What can I do?

Hi Desire,

I followed up with the team and you should be all set now. Could you please try again and let us know if you continue getting the same notification?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Awesome, all sorted. Thank you so much!

sarahfo
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm having a similar issue, I can't submit a proposal because it keeps telling me to update my address - which I've already done. I've cleared my cache and logged in and out, same issue.

Appreciate any assistance, thanks.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Could you please try adding your full address to your contact information here

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
7b7f18cd
Community Member

Andrea,

I am also having this problem. My profile seems complete but I cannot submit proposals. Can you please help me?

Thank you,

Hannah

Hello Hannah,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to submit proposals. I checked and I am unable to replicate the same issue on my end. Could you please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache or using a different browser? Feel free to message if the problem persists along with the error message.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, My profile was recently approved. However, I cant send proposals. A message on top says "You must make changes to your profile before you can submit proposal".

Regards

Hi Gabriel,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
rizy0300
Community Member

Hi,

I have similar issue and cannot submit proposals as well. Hope you could help me with this.

Thank you

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep. 

I have a similar issue as well. 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jake,

I checked your profile and I can confirm that your profile is already accepted. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep. It's working now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths