🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: You refunded $xxx.xx to {client name}
Page options
sujeewae
Community Member

You refunded $xxx.xx to {client name}

I recently worked with a client for weekly contract. I completed the job successfully and handed over the project to customer.

Here is my client's comment  (on chat): "I'm really satisfied. Especially about documentation I'm waiting for the customer demo (next 2 hrs) and after, if there aren't critical feedback, if you agree I'll close the job." 

Within next 5 mins after I receive this comment from customer, my contract was put to "on hold" by Upwork. I saw the amount which I should get paid is in the "pending" status of my account, so I didn't really care about it. 

But today I got a message from upwork I've refunded whole amount of the project to the client, which I never did. Can somebody quickly advise me what should I do? I tried to find a way to complain about this to Upwrok but I coudn't find a way to do it. 

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sujeewa,

Unfortunately, when the client fails to pay for hours logged by the freelancer, any hours that aren't covered by Upwork Hourly Protection may be reversed. 

The team will also be reaching out to you directly via email with more information about your specific account.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sujeewae
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I was able to contact customer via mail. Following is his replay. He sent me his Upwrok Account detials as well. Now the Upwork contract is back live with my customer. Please advise!!

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sujeewa,

While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
sujeewae
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

My customer hasn't receive any alert from you. Since the community rules I cannot past the chat tread. Now my customer is willing to pay me and trying to give me a good reveiw. He is having issues in paying me via Upwork. I've attached the screen which customer see related to my contract. Can you direct me to Upwork support?

Appriciate your help in this regard.

Thank you,

Sujeewa

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sujeewa,

I`m sorry about the delay with this. Our team will resend the ticket/email to your client and will assist them further directly on their ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Still I don't have any update on this? I need to close this contract ASAP without giving any trouble to my customer. This is almost a week now. I already completed the work and submitted it to the customer. Yesterday my customer replied to me saying he is waiting from Upwork to sort this out. How can I get an update? Can you connect me to your customer service? 

Regards,

Sujeewa

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths