🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Your contract for.......ended on Jun 28, ...
Page options
i_kosmidis
Community Member

Your contract for.......ended on Jun 28, 2018.

I delivered the final footage to client , and the client decided to end the contract but I never got paid. What steps should i follow ? How i can contact support or report this issue ? Thank you..

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You don't need to contact customer support or report anything.

You simply need to learn how Upwork works.

You get paid automatically for your work.

When a project is done, it is NORMAL for the client to close the contract.

Closing a contract has no impact on the money you get paid.

You need to learn about how money flows through the four boxes you see when you go to Upwork -> Reports.

Read about the Weekly Billing Cycle.

You will automatically be billed for all of the time you logged. The money will become available to you to withdraw after the standard number of days.

If you did a fixed-price project, then all of the money will be released to you. There is no way for a client to close a contract without releasing all the escrow money to you (unless she requests a refund and you agree to the refund, which you did not do).

jr-translation
Community Member

Once you deliver the work to the client you also should go to the contract and request the payment to be release. All you can do now is ask the client to pay you with a bonus

kat303
Community Member

For an hourly contract, you will get paid in about 2 weeks (as payment makes it's way through Upworks system) unless the client disputes the hours you worked.

For a fixed rate contract, escrow should have been funded before you started working. If it was, then submit work by clicking on the Submit Work/Request Payment button. The client will release the escrowed funds right away, or the funds will automatically be released to you in 14 days if the client doesn't release them or doesn't request changes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths