🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment account name does not match your...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Harman Singh,

Thanks for the explanation! That's the first step so you can upload your ID document (in your case, a PAN card) and enter any future date for the expiration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Ohk so I sucessfully added the PAN card (and added the future date for expiration) 

Now I see this page (see image attached).

Now, My 2 Questions related same page:

1. Do I need to add my Valid GST Business Registration Document (as a "Business license showing the company name and your name as owner or partner") here or some other document here in this page?

2. If the answer is the GST Document, then I am again stucked, because my "GST Business Registration Document" was issued to me couple of years back and when I enter the "Date issued" section it gives me an error that "Date issued should be newer than 6 months."... So how should I go about it if that is the case?

PS: Please let me know if I am unclear in something Smiley Happy

Hi Harman Singh,

In that case, it's best to follow up on your support ticket and the correct department will assist you with your questions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

ohk thanks for all your help and I will wait for the response on the support ticket 

ee08496d
Community Member

Hello I opened account with my mailid

**Edited for community guidelines**

I categorised myself as freelancer in Design section

I am Individual designer so uploaded my photo,

While giving bank details I have my personal account, PAN (India), everything was ok

Then I read about GST, as I don't have GST for Individual and have my Company with GST so I gave

all my proper details, 

How come you say "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork"

I have a proper business agency by the the GIFTNPRINT with GST since last 8 years,

You either take my personal bank account and don't ask for GST as its not applicable to me

or take my business bank account with GST details,

It asked me Identity verification, We in India have PAN Card I uploaded image it asked for expiry date, we don't have expiry date for PANCARD so entered 0000-00-00, it gave error

Very frustrating, Get my details as system wants no issues am in business, but what's the fuss saying

mismatch

I am stuck at 1st level itself so help me

Thanks & Regards,

Navnit Aboti

Hi Navnit,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
6a5323f9
Community Member

I received an email stating “Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork”. I am getting married in a few months and have started using my new last name on resumes and professional profiles so I can associate my work with my future last name. I created my profile using this as the display name, even though I submitted legal/ID/tax documents showing my current legal name. I don’t see how this is any different than a trans person who uses their new name until they can legally change it. I am also having trouble finding a suitable document (bank statement, etc.) for verification because my bank uses my PO Box as the address on the statement. My Apple Card statement and investments statement do not show all the required information (no address shown). The only statement I have that otherwise matches the criteria is from my Amazon card. However, I have not used it in a long time, so my most recent statement is over 6 months old. I need some human intervention, as the automated review process is not capable of handling my situation.

Hi Nicki,

I see you already created this support ticket regarding the name mismatch. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bartish_yura
Community Member

Hey,

I'm trying to add the corporate bank account for withdrawals - as per the documentation, this should be one of the exceptions when the recipient name can mismatch with my legal name, but still, I can see an error 'name mismatch preventing me from the withdrawal. What should I do in this case?

Thanks,

YB

Hi Yurii,

The team sent you an email a couple of hours ago with more information about the name mismatch and a secure link to upload the documents.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

The link is expired. Doesn’t work.

Hi Yurii,

I'm sorry about that. I'll follow up with the team. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
mohammadsudais
Community Member

My Upwork and Payoneer accout names are different and now the Payoneer account is blocked. What's the solution?

The solution is to change the upwork name to match the bank details name if the bank details name is the correct name, then try it again after some hours prior to changing the name and everything will be fixed.

Hi Mohammad,

In order to withdraw earnings, please complete a W8BEN Foreign Status Certification. Additionally, one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2mare414
Community Member

Is it possible to change the Verified name? I don't know how my BF's name ended up as my verified name.

Hi Ma,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
2mare414
Community Member

Hi Nikola, 

Just like to follow up. I haven't received any response yet.

Thank you

Hi Ma Lourdes,

I'm sorry for the delay in updating your ticket. I just escalated your ticket to our team and one of our team members will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e66e35ce
Community Member

Good day!

I tried linking my paypal to my upwork profile but it won't let me.

It prompted that the names don't match. I checked, the only difference is that in my paypal account, I have my middle initial in it, but in upwork my middle initial is not showing. I tried to edit my name but it doesn't have the middle initial box.

How can I resolve this problem? Paypal is the only payment method I have right now.

Hi, this issue has been solved. Upwork support is very quick.

baltamar
Community Member

I cannot receive the money I earned on Upwork. I put my banc account, I did not receive the money there. Then I wanted to change the payment method to Paypal to try another payment method. I could not change it because Upwork told me that the name of my Upwork account and the name of my paypal account do not match. That is not true. Both are under the same name and my profile is verificated under the same name here as well. I have been waiting for payment for a long time already, I tried to contact the costumer service through Get Support but it seems impossible. The automatic computer tells me to log in first in order to get an e-mail ticket, but I am already logged in to my account. What can I do to receive the money please? I even asked my banc but my banc account is not blocked or anything, there is no reason for that the money has not arrived. My paypal account is working perfectly as well. Anyone can help me please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Baltazar,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
81ffb836
Community Member

Hi,My payment says your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account  but everything matches

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eyerusalem,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
blessingnwuzu
Community Member

I have a problem of mismatched identity... The name in my payment account actually defers because I had a change of name after I open my bank account. I am one and the same person, how do i resolve the issue so I can get paid?

Hi Blessing,

Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I also get this when i linked my paypal, my name is the same on both accounts.

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.

Hi Marko,

You need to allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for name mismatch. They'll reach out directly if further steps are required from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dae80451
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched. But my first and second name in PayPall in russian language. It`s my real name 

Hi David,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also getting this same message and I would like some help please

Hi Eustathios,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting the same message. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
20df485c
Community Member

Hi there 

I have added my bank account details of the comapny regiestered with my name in upwork payments. But bank account is with company name. However, I am the owner in details with the bank. Bank account shows comapny name which is differnt than my name due to the reason upwork restricted my payments. I have details which shows I am the owner of the company. How to get upwork support to resolve the issue?

Hi Khubaib 

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your payment method. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
michaelhafalia
Community Member

I got an error message "The beneficiary name is mismatched". I added 2 payment methods, they sure match my Full Name on my bank account and Upwork Account. Can you help me?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mohamedaya57
Community Member

Hi Aya,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
gabbiediogo
Community Member

Hello,

I tried setting up my preferred payment method, and I was told the account name does not match my verified profile name.

Please, how can I change my profile name? Also, do I have to change my profile name if the bank account name matches my verified ID card?

Looking forward to a helpful reply! Thanks.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members