cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Your profile is under review

Spartak D Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
31 of 83

Please tell me what is my profile errors. Write me and help me please too.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 83

Thank you for your questions, Spartak.

Besides listing your skills and instruments you are able to work with, could you please make your profile overview more descriptive? Since you are a new freelancer and do not have any work history on oDesk yet, your profile overview is very important for attracting clients. I would also suggest you take some tests to showcase your skills.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
33 of 83

Spartak,

I took a look at your profile.

Valeria provided some good advice about your profile.

What you really need, though, is not advice, but time spent viewing and reading the profiles of other successful contractors who work using the same skills you intend to use as a contractor.

Your profile looks like you never looked at anybody else's profile or read oDesk's guidelines.

I'm assuming you're a pretty great programmer and developer who has a lot to offer the oDesk community. But there is no way to know that from your profile. All you have given us is a list of technologies. A ten-year-old could have created this same profile in about 5 minutes (and would have posted a better-lit photo).

After you look at other profiles and absorb some of what you see there, then come back and work on your own. Do not use automated translation. If you are not EXTREMELY certain about your English language proficiency, then have a native English speaker translate your ideas into properly-written overview text. I do not want oDesk profile approvers or potential candidates to regard you as a person of low intelligence simply because your profile text as is full of grammatical errors as your forum post was.

Michael C Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
34 of 83

My profile said it would be reviewed within 12 hours, 48 hours ago. I'm surprised that they would reduce their predicted time from 24 hours, when they weren't even meeting that mark. 

Community Guru
35 of 83

re: "My profile said it would be reviewed within 12 hours, 48 hours ago."

Interesting observation.

Realistically speaking, if I use my imagination a bit, I can imagine that happened is that oDesk management became frustrated with the many complaints about how long provile reviews were taking, and somebody somewhere issued an edict or memo stating that the time needs to be reduced to 12 hours.

So 12 hours may be a stated goal now. But realistically speaking, I think new contractors can expect to wait from 3 to 7 days for a new profile review to be completed. And that's if there are no problems.

From what I have sensed based on my reading of forum posts, when you're a new contractor and you create a profile with serious problems, it can take a longer. I see some new profiles that are baffling, and I can only imagine that oDesk's approvers find them equally difficult to deal with, so they may procrastinate making decisions or working on them.

I have stated elsewhere that I believe bad profiles should be left on hold for a longer time, at least a month, to give new contractors who exhibit extreme cluelessness more time to study, learn, and improve their profiles before being released into the active oDesk ecosystem.

Nisat R Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
36 of 83

How many days to complate my profile.Please help me.

Community Guru
37 of 83

Nisat,

You claim to be a graphic designer, but you have no portfolio on your oDesk profile.

Why should oDesk approve the profile of a graphic designer who has no portfolio?

You may be waiting a long time.

Nisat R Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
38 of 83

Today my profile edit again. If I have any  errors.Tell me or solve this problem and active my profile for apply the job.Please help me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
39 of 83

Nisat,

None of the wording in your overview text is original. It all is copied directly from other profiles. The paragraphs you used appear on other oDesk and Elance profiles.

I am not going to name the other contractors here. They, too, may have simply copied their profile text.

As a graphic designer nobody expects you to be a great writer. But I don't know... If you simply copied your profile from somebody else... don't you worry that clients will suspect you just copy your graphics and design work from somewhere else, rather than create original work yourself?

Umair S Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
40 of 83

i created my account in last week but still  my profile is under review 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS