cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your profile is under review

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
11 of 83

Hi Farzana,

Sorry to hear of the trouble. You can edit your profile and submit it again for review. Also, I noticed that your profile photo is not a real picture of you. You profile portrait must be a clear, headshot-style photo. Sunglasses, other individuals, logos, or photos of anything other than your face are not allowed. More photo tips.

To add a portrait photo to your profile, go to Find Work > Profile

-Joanne
Untitled
Nisat R Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
12 of 83

How long should it be approved? Mine has been for 2 days already.I completed my profile 100% an dpassed all tests.I just want to start asap. Help Please

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 83

Hi Nisat,

Your profile could still be improved in order for it to be accepted. Make sure you expand your profile overview and include more details about your experience and skills. Also, make sure you correct errors and use capital letters and spaces where appropriate. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Nisat R Member Since: Mar 18, 2015
14 of 83

please asap, to active  my profile

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
15 of 83

@Nisat R wrote:

please asap, to active  my profile

please asap, to read  what Valeria just wrote

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Sudipta k Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 83

Hi,

Can I use selfie as my profile picture.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 83

Hi Sudipta,

It really depends on a selfie. Your profile picture is pretty good and has been approved already. The only thing I would suggest is to use a picture where you smile at least slightly to encourage a more friendly and trusting relationship with your potential clients.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Joe L Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
18 of 83

I have a funny experience with the profile thingy. Now i am approved but let me share my experience.

Like most of you, i am new and began to create a profile for us to look professional and start getting jobs. I did a few tests and pass. I wrote my overview in how i seem fit. I upload my picture and some samples as a portfolio. All that doesnt get approval from Upwork. Keeps getting rejected and was not able to submit proposals for jobs.

Frustrated, i ask someone to do it for me. A freelancer on Upwork, it was approved. One 1 hand i was happy, on the other i was amused. Why? Because, i wrote better English on my overview than this guy did for me! His got approve while mine didn't. He didn't change the rest. Just include a few skills that i am good at and my overview, which i swore have grammar or english issues.. sighhh.

doesn't matter now. hehehe..

just sharing my experience..

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
19 of 83

"Because, i wrote better English on my overview than this guy did for me! His got approve while mine didn't. "

Not sure if totally accurate......

Maria K Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
20 of 83

Hi Valeria,

From my knowledge, It seems that you are very helping personality. Can you please help me? I am having same issue. Its been almost 2 days and i am getting same notification as "You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

I am very keen to work with Upwork as Independent. Please help me out.

Much much appreciated

Thanks
Maria K

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS