🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Your profile requires changes
Page options
emmiehazel
Community Member

Your profile requires changes

I have created my account a few days ago, and got this message: 

We've hidden your profile because it does not meet the following Upwork guidelines. You will not be able to submit proposals until these issues are fixed. Check these support messages for more details.

Please edit your profile and then resubmit for review. 

However, until now, no ticket was linked to me and I haven't received any email related to this issue. Appreciate if the support team could help with this matter. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nuremmie, 

I went ahead and sent your account with the team so that they can check this for you. I'll let you know once I have more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
tlsanders
Community Member

Did you have contact information or a link to your website or social media on your profile? 

I'll link to my social media and website. Let's see if my profile gets approval after that. Thank you for your suggestion.

6408437a
Community Member

Hello,

It means your profile is not complete yet or you need to add more skills. Please add more advance skills and upwork test. Pleae note - community gurus are know better.

Thanks

I've added 10 skills related to my strength and have taken 3 tests so far. How many tests should the freelancer take in order to get the profile approved by Upwork? 

Thank you for your help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nuremmie, 

I went ahead and sent your account with the team so that they can check this for you. I'll let you know once I have more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Avery, thank you for your kind attention. My profile got approved finally. Thanks once again for helping.

mhmaite
Community Member

There is no clear help on Upwork on how you get your profile accepted. This is the 4th time the following appears:

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

Help me to break this vicious circle.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
mhmaite
Community Member

Thank you Avery for your reply.

mhmaite
Community Member

Unfortunately no feedback has come to my request. I have modified the profile. Is there any way I can contact them?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mhmaite
Community Member

This morning I received a feedback that cannot be right. I have tried by myself and tried to find the reason. After 8 times its seems to work. But it would be more efficient.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle, 

Let me go ahead and look into this and I'll come back here once I have more information.

ETA: Hi Michelle, I'm coming back here to let you know that the issue with your account has been resolved. Let me know if you will need further assistance. 

~ Avery
Upwork
mhmaite
Community Member

Thank you so much for you effort. It went finally through.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths