🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » a possible client has given me some work to d...
Page options
kallie62
Community Member

a possible client has given me some work to do for a test and he wants me to use track changes. two

please advise. thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Kallie K wrote:

please advise. thank you

Tell the client you'll be happy to do the test as soon as he creates a contract.

Do not work for free and if the client is saying they want it free, flag their job post and the message as inappropriate and asking for free work...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

@Kallie K wrote:

please advise. thank you

Tell the client you'll be happy to do the test as soon as he creates a contract.

Do not work for free and if the client is saying they want it free, flag their job post and the message as inappropriate and asking for free work...

kallie62
Community Member

I should have done that. I took me over 2 hours to do what he requested.

I guess that I have learned my lesson... 😞

Kallie: Don't feel bad about this.

Spending two to three hours to learn such a valuable lesson is time well spent.

I don't think you will ever fall for this trick again.

Now you know that when clients ask you to do a free "test" like this, it isn't really a test. They just want to get you to work for free without paying you. It is likely that the "client" who contacted you was had received this work as part of a contract. That person was getting you to work, so that he could get paid by someone else.

Excellent point!

Bill.jpg

purplepony
Community Member

@Kallie K wrote:

please advise. thank you

Kallie, I took a quick look at your Profile and noticed you're an Office Manager...  Since your Office Skills Test shows "Below Average," I suggest you hide those results so that test does not show.

thank you, done.

never take tests when you are overtired! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths