🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: accepting an offer
Page options
kelvin_nyaga
Community Member

accepting an offer

I did a job for a client but did not accept the offer. I didn't know I had to do that.  i  have received a notification that the offer has expired today. what do I do in order to get paid?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelvin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We suggest communicating about this with your client. When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a contract with a client before doing any work, and ensuring that they have a verified billing method so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection is also a good idea. I'd suggest browsing this thread which has helpful tips for new users and you can also check out this thread for tips on avoiding suspicious jobs and scams if you haven't already.  

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
reinierb
Community Member

You were not hired, so there is nothing you can do. You won't get paid, so put the finished work in your portfolio, and take this as a lesson learned. 

Oh, and read all of the Help articles and other available resources (like the forums) about how the site works before you do anything else. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelvin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We suggest communicating about this with your client. When working on Upwork, please make sure that you have a contract with a client before doing any work, and ensuring that they have a verified billing method so that the work you do can be covered by Upwork Payment Protection is also a good idea. I'd suggest browsing this thread which has helpful tips for new users and you can also check out this thread for tips on avoiding suspicious jobs and scams if you haven't already.  

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths