cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account balance

Isima R Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
1 of 3

Good day every one. am a newbie here. i joined upwork about a month and some days now. i earned 92 dollars as my first earning and it was was not showing on my account balance before now but only to wake up now to see that my account balance is just 8 dollars. please explain for me as i do not really understand. am just feed up. your answers explanations will be highly appreciated. thanks.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 3

@Isima R wrote:

Good day every one. am a newbie here. i joined upwork about a month and some days now. i earned 92 dollars as my first earning and it was was not showing on my account balance before now but only to wake up now to see that my account balance is just 8 dollars. please explain for me as i do not really understand. am just feed up. your answers explanations will be highly appreciated. thanks.

You need to find your funds and where in the process they are on your UPWORK account, under Reports - Overview

While you are working on a milestone the funds show under "work in progress"

Once you submitted and requested payment the funds show under "in review"

Once the client approved the milestone the funds move to "pending" for the 5 day security hold.

Once the security period is over the funds move to "Available"

Once the funds are in "Available" you can withdraw them to your chosen withdrawal method, or they are sent to your chosen withdrawal method automatically according to the payment schedule you set.

Also remember that the first $ 500 with any client are subject to the 20% Upwork fee (after $ 500 it drops to 10%)

On your Reports - Overview you can click on the little question marks that tell you what each stage represents.

reports.jpg

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Isima,

Please follow the steps Petra shared and click the question mark next to Pending in order to learn more about your payment's status.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS