1 of 7

i am new here and i need help

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Gavin,

You have not mentioned what you need help with.  Starting out can be overwhelming, but if you outline a specific area where you need advice it will help the community to answer your request.  Welcome to UpWork!

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~

View solution in original post

gavin-samuels
Gavin S Member Since: Dec 9, 2016
3 of 7

i actually need help with every thing basically need a job online plus my profile is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

re: "i actually need help with every thing basically need a job online plus my profile is [terrible]."

Gavin, your posts here in the Forum are inappropriate.

You need to choose:

- spend time researching how Upwork functions, and how you can get started

or

- leave

kathrynbaughman
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
5 of 7

@Gavin S wrote:

i actually need help with every thing basically need a job online plus my profile is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

While no one here can directly help with the job, I do have a few suggestions for your profile.

You mention that you do data entry and web research.  I would suggest fleshing out your skills in these areas a bit more.  Also, make sure to check your text for grammar and punctuation.  

I would remove the portfolio entry about not having been hired yet.  It serves no purpose.  Your portfolio is meant to showcase work already done.  It's ok to be new.  If you've done work in the past perhaps you can check into permissions to list that work from former clients.

Showcase what you can DO for the client.  I.E. I am a data entry processor with 1 year experience.  My skillset includes: x, x, and x. 

By creating a strong format for your profile you will show that you are serious about your work and are organized, which will lend strength to your presence as a web researcher as well.  

Just my two cents, and I'm sure others will pop in with suggestions as well.  

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 7

I think that some of the members of this community are saints. They try to help absolutely everyone. I admire this attitude.

I admire it, I don't share it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Gavin,

In addition to Kathryn's suggestions, please make sure to check resources listed in this post. There is a lot of information about getting started on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork