🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » bad feedback !
Page options
puji1812
Community Member

bad feedback !

hi,

• I am new to Upwork. I have done 6-7 jobs and got an excellent rating. I always delivered projects on time. Recently, one client approached with work. I agreed at that point. After finishing my work ( first milestone), I was asked by the client to come on skype at odd hours; i found something fishy and politely told that i would not be moving forward. This refusal didn't go well with him; he immediately ended the contract within minutes and gave 1* rating with a bad review. 
    • My question is:-
    • How do I get the feedback removed? If I give a refund to the client, will it help?
    • Please help me.
5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pujitha,

If you issue a full refund the contract will not be listed on your profile. In order for a contract to be listed on your profile funds needs to be exchanged.
But, please keep in mind that the contract will be included in your JSS calculation. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks for your prompt response.

alexis-arinze
Community Member

Pujitha K wrote:

hi,

• I am new to Upwork. I have done 6-7 jobs and got an excellent rating. I always delivered projects on time. Recently, one client approached with work. I agreed at that point. After finishing my work ( first milestone), I was asked by the client to come on skype at odd hours; i found something fishy and politely told that i would not be moving forward. This refusal didn't go well with him; he immediately ended the contract within minutes and gave 1* rating with a bad review. 
    • My question is:-
    • How do I get the feedback removed? If I give a refund to the client, will it help?
    • Please help me.

What exactly do you mean when you say fishy? From my understanding, engaging in skype sessions isn't too out of the ordinary. If you told him you weren't able to move forward, him ending your contract is to be expected.

Hi,
Thanks for responding
The client was very unhappy when I said I wouldn't move forward ,the client started saying you screwed up ! How could you do this ...he also sent a cryptic msg which he deleted later ... cryptic meant he wanted to give his phone number i.e the msg went something like this 96.........( First two digits )...these were some redflags which I found fishy. well....as this is my first experience I need be more careful for next time 🙂

Pujitha K wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for responding
The client was very unhappy when I said I wouldn't move forward ,the client started saying you screwed up ! How could you do this ...he also sent a cryptic msg which he deleted later ... cryptic meant he wanted to give his phone number i.e the msg went something like this 96.........( First two digits )...these were some redflags which I found fishy. well....as this is my first experience I need be more careful for next time 🙂

A client trying to communicate with you in the easiest and fastest means possible isn't fishy or cryptic. I'm sure he felt you screwed up if you bailed on the job and he likely has a deadline. Why do you feel the client trying to have a phone call or communication with you to discuss the work you submitted to be fishy? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths