🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » being harassed by client
Page options
l_twyford
Community Member

being harassed by client

i need guidance regarding a client who i've been communicating with (not working yet) who when i passed on his job opportunity, he became aggressive, calling me inappropriate name and continued to message me after i requested he stop until I blocked him. I want him reported so no one else has to deal with him.

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

This is great! Why don't I get more of these awesome lolcows?

michael_skaggs
Community Member

If you click on the little gear icon next to one of the messages (it'll be on the far right just before the timestamp when you hover over it), there will be a "Report Message" option.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lauren, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience on Upwork. I checked your account and  was unable to identify the client you were referring to. Hopefully, you were able to report the client and actions have been taken against the user. 

Since you are new to Upwork, I would definitely recommend that you read up on the 'Safety First!' section of the on the freelancer resources we have compiled, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork. Hopefully these help you identify red flags when bidding for jobs in the marketplace. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths