🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: best practices for Zoom hosting
Page options
fraitzlheidi
Community Member

best practices for Zoom hosting

Hi all, I'm new here! When hosting/moderating zoom events for your clients, is it best practice to use their Zoom account, or provide the account myself for their event?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heidi, 

I host online events, and I usually create a separate event link and share the link to the other hosts, speakers, or guests involved. In this case, I would recommend clarifying with the client if they want you to use their Zoom account to create the online events for them, or if you will be included in their business plan, or you need to create a separate account yourself. This way, you and your client are on the same page regarding hosting Zoom events. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

The new integration does not require any user to have an account.

Just click on the link to start Zoom video. It will then generate the link and any users in the thread can join.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heidi, 

I host online events, and I usually create a separate event link and share the link to the other hosts, speakers, or guests involved. In this case, I would recommend clarifying with the client if they want you to use their Zoom account to create the online events for them, or if you will be included in their business plan, or you need to create a separate account yourself. This way, you and your client are on the same page regarding hosting Zoom events. 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

This is a great help, thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths