🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » buy connects
Page options
godwins_okeyo
Community Member

buy connects

hey guys , i dont know if this goes against the community rules and regulations but lemie just air it out so we can see if we can help .i have been applying for jobs in this platfom since i joined in 2019 but i have never been lucky to get a single job infact i have handled only two interviews only of which they dint materialise into a job ,the reason why am writing this to the community is to seek your support in the main ares 

1 .i want you guys to atleast visit my site and go through is and pin point to me areas in the account or rather profle that needs a re-touch in terms of formart so that i can atleast pump a new energy into the job search spree

2. i would like to request a well wisher who can either loan me or just help  me by transfering me  around 5 dollars   to my paypal account  so i can purchase more connects to enable apply for these jobs .

otherwise thank you and may God bless you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
davidkittle
Community Member

Hello and welcome to the group.     

1.  It looks like your profile is not public.  So I cannot take a look.

2.  With the free membership you get 10 free connects a month.

Make sure to use these on jobs that you are the best fit for and take your time writting an ideal cover letter.   Here are some tips;   https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-write-a-cover-letter

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
davidkittle
Community Member

Hello and welcome to the group.     

1.  It looks like your profile is not public.  So I cannot take a look.

2.  With the free membership you get 10 free connects a month.

Make sure to use these on jobs that you are the best fit for and take your time writting an ideal cover letter.   Here are some tips;   https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-write-a-cover-letter

hey thank you for your reply ,the account is not public since the admin claims i have no been having frequent visitors to the account ,so like they are trying to encurage me to have more visits for it to change to [available]

Yes thats correct;   however you can make public by following these steps;  https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060298-Set-Your-Profile-Visibility

thank you david , i did so and they have promised to check into it in three working days .thank you

deardipu
Community Member

Hello Godwins, 

As your profile is private and you don’t know much more about Upwork connects, so I have assumed that you are new on this platform that's why I am going to suggest you following things pertinent to this post:

1. Take Upwork readiness test and make sure 5 scores, by then you will get one times 40 connects as reward.

2. You will get 10 free connects per month, try to use those in the best possible way.

3. Make sure you keep some $ on your upwork profile whenever withdraw money so that you can use your profile balance to purchase connects when needed [ I've assumed you don’t have international card right now to purchase connects, so you should have plan-B]. So ensure that you keep 21 to 30$ at all time on your Upwork profile to buy connects whenever you wants withdrawal money.

4. Response interview as quickly as possible to win 10 or 20 connects as bonus.

Hope this information may help you a little bit. 

Thank you. 

thank you hasan , i appreciate your feedback , about the last comment on number 4. i just dint understand  it well ......the response interview 

also i do have a paypal account which i could use to make the purchases

Dear Godwins,

Alternative explanation of last point (4): when clients message you, you need to respond/reply/text them as quickly as possible to get 10 or 20 connects as bonus. 

Thank you. 

ooh now i get it ,,,, am begining to learn a few foundamentals now. again thank you ,,,,,but again if you feel you can still go ahead with the dollars part  of it , i would really appreciate ,its like i have exhausted my connects for this month , but i realy want to keep this thing going , i want to be active 

It's probably a better idea to ask your friends or relatives for money, not people on upwork who might very well be your competition. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths