cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i connect paypal with my father's name on it to my upwork in withdrawing?

Highlighted
Vanessa M Member Since: Nov 23, 2016
1 of 8

I want to connect paypal on upwork for withdrawal apparently my paypal or the paypal that i use has my father's name bec im using my fathers bank account since I am sick and can't go to banks to ask for my own account. I just want to know if i can link that paypal to my account bearing different names upwork with my name and paypal with my father's

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

No.  Your financial information must be under your own name.  You cannot use anyone else's financial account on Upwork.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
3 of 8

What Christy has stated is correct.  The PayPal account must have the same email that is connected to your UpWork account as well as your legal name attached to it.  I can verify that, as I debated adding the Paypal I regularly use, but could not as it has a different email address (but still has my legal name attached to it).

Simply put, get your own PayPal account.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Highlighted
4 of 8

even if the same email add is used? the reason was i can't go to banks for my own account as i am sick and disabled. my payoneer was lost and there's no way i can withdraw my money Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 8

@Vanessa M wrote:

even if the same email add is used? the reason was i can't go to banks for my own account as i am sick and disabled. my payoneer was lost and there's no way i can withdraw my money Smiley Sad

You can only withdraw money to your own account (PayPal / bank / Skrill / Payoneer) in your own legal name.

If you lost your Payoneer card contact Payoneer and they'll send you a new one.

Highlighted
6 of 8

even if i couldn't recall my account number in payoneer?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 8

Yes. "Even if."

Respectfully, Vanessa:

People who are sick have bank accounts.

Peope who are disabled have bank accounts.

You are not telling us the full story here. That is fine.

But Upwork does not have special exceptions to its rules for people who say that they are sick or disabled. Upwork is not asking you to do anything unreasonable. Provide valid accounts. Keep track of account numbers.

Presumably somebody offering professional-level services on Upwork is capable of that much.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Vanessa,

I'll reiterate that you need to use a withdrawal method in your name, because the name on your financial account must match the name on your Upwork profile.