🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » can't change name
Page options
kerry_star
Community Member

can't change name

Hello, I want to change my name in the profile, because the first time I wrote it incorrectly, I changed the name in the settings, but the name has not changed in my profile, please replace my name that is on written in the profile

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

24 REPLIES 24
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vlad,

Just to confirm, your name change request was approved. Please clear your cache and cookies and login again. If you`re still seeing your old name on your profile, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

It did not help

Hi Vlad,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your name. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hy...i want to remove the prefix (dr) from ny first name... please remove it...

Hi Ayesha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you need to update your name, please go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
1a49ef66
Community Member

Hello. I have this issue as well. My name is not changing when viewing my profile. For some reason, I logged in with Google and it never gave me an option to add a name. I don't want clients to see my company name, I want them to see my name. Any way to fix this or do I need to start from scratch? Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

I can see that you were recently able to change your name from your company's name. If that's not reflecting on your end, try clearing your browser cache and cookies or using a different browser.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I need to change my profile name actually I need to add my second name but in Upwork Contact Info panel I couldn' able to make it. Could you please help me about it?

Thanks for your time in advance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Atakan Erol Küme

Hi Atakan,

Thank you for your message. You can add the second name with the First name under the First name box. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm trying to change my profile name to match my payment info. It get's reverted to the old name when I click update. Help please.

Hi Tohbi,

Thank you for your message. I checked your account and I am pleased to confirm that your name change request is already accepted.

- Pradeep

Upwork
4ecdfb73
Community Member

Hi, Can anyone Help me change my account name? I've been trying but it does not change. I need to change it so that i can sync my paymant method. please anyone help me thankyou.

Hi Sora,

Could you please try again after clearing your cache and cookies or using a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can investigate this further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
4ecdfb73
Community Member

Hi, Thank you for the response, and yes I did all your instructions. 

I cleared my cookies and cache, used a different browser but still, it doesn't update 

Hi Sora,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having trouble changing your name on file and we appreciate your confirmation. I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1014ccb9
Community Member

Hi, may I please have help on changing my name as I want it to match with my payment method details. I've tried changing it and clearing my cookies and cache but nothing has changed. Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Hi Michael,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
4ecdfb73
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community, and to our hard working moderators, i would like to express my gratitude, for helping and assisting me in a timely manner, Oh and about my change name issues, i followed the instructions and yes, i think my account was already reviewd, because for the first time, the promt saying ("Your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours. Please review" ) is already there. Thankyou. I just hope, that it will be updated.

Hi Sora,

Thank you for your message. I can see that the relevant team has already reached you via a support ticket to request additional information. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
d0d7f037
Community Member

Hello there 

I want to change my name but it doesn't work

Hi Wintana,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with updating your name. Could you please share more information? Are you getting an error when you attempted to make the changes? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
d0d7f037
Community Member

It has been 6 days already since I tried to change my name but it doesn't
work.

Hi Wintana,

I see that your name change request is already processed and your new name already appears on your Upwork profile. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

I also changed my name, it took me 1 day

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths