cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't create new profile?

jsper08
John S Member Since: Aug 4, 2016
1 of 15

Hey I've been trying to create a new profile for two days now but upwork is very laggy, what's going on?

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 15

Not sure. I haven't seen any lag issues recently.   When I do it's mostly because my flipping internet provider is doing new construction in my neighborhood and the problem is on their end and not Upwork's.  

A little off topic, but the other day I lost internet for 6 hours because they cut through their own line, Uggg. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 15

I tried to update my profile a couple of days ago and had a terrible time.  Wouldn't save and in one instance, moved what I was adding.  Eventually it worked.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 15
Odd. I updated my profile a couple of days ago (several iterations) with no problems. On the other hand, last night's "Routine Maintenance" cut in at the EXACT moment I was trying to send a client a completed translation file! GRRRR! At least the client knew I had completed the work in a timely fashion and was about to deliver it, and he was experiencing the same "error message."
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
5 of 15

Hi John,

Are you able to load the Create Your Profile page once you log in? Do you see any errors?

Let me check with the team if there are any known issues with loading that page.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

jsper08
John S Member Since: Aug 4, 2016
6 of 15

Yeah yesterday it hung twice after I submitted my profile and right now it's hanging when I'm trying to add education.

Yeah Valeria I can load the Create Profile but it wasn't letting me submit it.  Ok thanks.  I'll try submitting it again.

Edit: Ok i was just able to submit my profile now and it created properly thanks.  Maybe it was the maintenance I just got unlucky.  I'm used to that by now so it's cool 🙂

pj-farhall
PJ F Member Since: Aug 4, 2016
7 of 15

I'm having a similar problem. I'm trying to fill out my profile since last night. Tried two different browsers but it simply will not save the information. I finish it, then it loads and loads and loads, and then comes back empty. 

Any help would be awesome as I'd like to get to work!

PJ

*** Finally saved and posted correctly! Thanks!

kevin_cameron
Kevin C Member Since: Oct 11, 2017
8 of 15

Hi Valeria, 

I'm having a similar problem. The Create New Profile screen won't load. What should I do?

Best,

Kevin

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 15

Hi Kevin,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or using an incognito window? Let me know if the page still doesn't load.

~ Valeria
Upwork
justicebarry
Justice B Member Since: Dec 15, 2017
10 of 15

I can't find my choice of work which is Microsoft excel expart