🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » cancelled contract after successful fullfilme...
Page options
wallmus3399b
Community Member

cancelled contract after successful fullfilment

I had my second job on Upwork. All was going well, at the end of the project the client canceled the contract. He was very pleased with my work. See attached screenshot of the last bit of our conversation.

He claims he didn't know howto give feedback. He said he was very happey even appreciative of the owrk I did for him.

I can't recall if he was payment verified or not. Herafter I will not bid on job requerst where payment i not verified. 

Anyway, what can I do about this?

Further if he want's another job done, will he be allowed to post?

**Edited for community guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear about your unexpectedly canceled contract. Please share this help article with your Client which includes guidance about how to leave feedback on a contract! 

On an hourly contract, you log hours and the client is automatically billed for them. While your Client's billing method is verified, you didn't log you working hours nor added them manually! Your client can still issue a Bonus payment after your contract was canceled, and they can always easily rehire you. Please note that Bonus payments are not covered by Hourly Payment Protection and you should be using the Team app to record the time spent working on Hourly contracts going forward.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rob:

The Forum moderator noted that "you didn't log you working hours nor added them manually".

This is 100% your mistake.

This is good news!

Because it means that you can learn from your mistake and never make the same mistake again in the future.

As a freelancer, I always get paid for my time, because I use the Upwork desktop time-tracker app to record my time.

That means that no matter when a client closes (or cancels) a contract, I get paid automatically for all the time that I spent working on the project.

It will be easy for you to adjust how you work so that you, too, are paid automatically for your time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths