🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » cannot seem to be able to change from an hour...
Page options
savvytechnician
Community Member

cannot seem to be able to change from an hourly contract to a milestone based flat rate contract

Hi! A client and I are trying to agree on terms for our proposal and cannot seem to be able to change from an hourly contract to a milestone based flat rate contract. Could someone please help us? Thanks in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

On the "Hire" screen, there is a "Switch to fixed price" button

switch fixed price.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi George, 

It is not possible to convert a contract from hourly to fixed-price (or vice versa) after hiring.

To change the type of contract, please ask the client to end the job and rehire you, changing the offer terms to an hourly or fixed-price contract, as appropriate. If the current contract is fixed-price, you should complete the current milestone before ending the contract. You'll both have 14 days to leave feedback on the ended contract.

~ Avery
Upwork

I don't believe that I am hired though... it does not show this to be the case. What then?

Hi George, 

You can share this help article with the client so that he/she can send you an offer for the project.

Looks like you and your client are both new to Upwork. I would like to recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here, and here to help you get started on Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I don't believe that I am hired though... it does not show this to be the
case. What then?

@George B wrote:
I don't believe that I am hired though... it does not show this to be the
case. What then?

You are only hired after you received an offer and accepted it. It takes a few seconds for a client to send an offer, either fixed price or hourly. If that does not happen, don't start any work, and don't send any files. 

On the "Hire" screen, there is a "Switch to fixed price" button

switch fixed price.jpg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths