🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » cant confirm phone number
Page options
scojo_photo
Community Member

cant confirm phone number

When trying to set up my profile I am asked to enter my phone number so that a secret security code can be sent to me.  I get an error message saying that my phone number is being used by someone else (???).  I can not procede.  Please advise asap.  Thank you!

14 REPLIES 14
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott, 

I've shared your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
swimjim86
Community Member

Hello,

I am having similar trouble, except that when I click to verify my phone number, no message is sent, nor does anything happen on your webiste.  Until this has been accomplished, my profile cannot be verified and I cannot begin working.  Please help me verify my account so that I can get started.

Thank you!

Hi James, 

One of our customer support agents will reach out to you via email to assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
elena-g
Community Member

I can't verify my phone number.

To submit proposal it asks me first to verify my phone number - why is that

I am trying to verify my phone number but I dont get SMS with a 5-digit code

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Elena,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with verifying your phone. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please start a ticket and let me talk to a PERSON.

I entered phone number for verification and the prompt says it's already been used. 

I was also reading concerns and community requests and a window popped up to take a survey. I clicked 'after I am doing doing this' or whatever the prompt is. A feedback window popped up right away. 

Some days the website never opens on my laptop. Just the spinning arrow clock. I'm considering giving up on this upwork thing. Thanks for nothing. Literally nothing. 

Hi Chicago,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and will assist you further in verifying your phone number. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I gave up long ago and quit this site. Waste of time.

I have the same issue. Please help

Hi Elizabeth,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our team members already assisted you with your phone number verification. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
onagrace
Community Member

I am having this same issue.  I don't remember ever setting up an Upwork account, but maybe I did?  I am having trouble contacting customer support directly, so I'd love it if you would put me in touch with them as well.  

Thank you!

Hi Amy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
591bcde7
Community Member

Hello,

The "send code" didn't work after I entered my phone number. I didn't use any spaces or hyphens or brackets. It says "Something went wrong. Please try again later." but I've been trying for a really long time. Please help me receive my code so that I can finish this last step of creating my profile and get started. Thank you!

Hi Jennifer,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths