🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » cant create new profile
Page options
975f1ec8
Community Member

cant create new profile

We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support

what should I do? Why is this happening?

12 REPLIES 12
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dred, 

Could you please share more information about the issue you are experiencing? Where in your account did you get this error, and what were you doing then? 

~ Avery
Upwork
975f1ec8
Community Member

Hello. It's in this account that I have just created. When I try to create a freelance profile. this error is shown: We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again or contact support

The same thing happened to 3 different e-mail I tried to use, and I also tried to use different browsers.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dred, 

Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
975f1ec8
Community Member

It didn't work!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dred, 

The team will reach out to you through your open ticket to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
975f1ec8
Community Member

Its not working! I'm trying to enter in contact with the support but the only thing i can do is go to the (ask a question section).

Never thought simply creating an account would be so difficult! I'm strugling with this for over a day now!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dred,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you please check if you're able to access your ticket directly here. Also, kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. 

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
2c269dfc
Community Member

Hi Dred,

I encounted   the same problem when I tried to register,

Turns out when entering your country of residence,  you have to click and select  your country after you have typed it in. Hope this helps.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas, 

I was unable to replicate your issue and can see that you recently submitted your profile for the team's review. If you are still experiencing the error on your end, please send a screenshot here, making sure you black out any private information so that we can look into this further for you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2c269dfc
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I managed to overcome the issue that user Dred experienced. It turned out that one has to click and select his country of residence from the drop down list to avoid the error message.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing this with us, Thomas! I'm glad to know that the issue is resolved. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2c269dfc
Community Member

No problem, glad to be able to contribute to the community!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths