🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client account suspended
Page options
be526eda
Community Member

client account suspended

hey, upwork community i have a quick question. today i submitted a proposal for a job. The client had verified payment method. In response i got offer which i accepted and started work using upwork time tracker. Now i checked the client's account have been suspended and contract have been paused. Will this also affect my account or profile. I'm new to forum and have read few articles but couldnt got my answer. Thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

If there is an issue with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you will not be able to continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. I have checked the account and would like to assure you that your client is already in correspondence with our team about their support ticket. We advise that you wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Muhammad,

If there is an issue with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you will not be able to continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, though we cannot share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. I have checked the account and would like to assure you that your client is already in correspondence with our team about their support ticket. We advise that you wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract.

~ Joanne
Upwork
mohyudin14
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

I'm a Freelancer and I just saw that my client's account is suspended. I have already worked for her for 3 days. Is my money secured for hourly project that I did for this client?

Thanks

Best Regards

Ali

Hi Ali,

Thank you for reaching out. As long as your hours meet Hourly Payment Protection criteria you will be paid for the time you invoice. Please note that Upwork Hourly Payment Protection doesn’t apply to bonuses, manual time, or fixed-price projects. See the Upwork Terms of Service and Hourly Escrow Instructions for full terms and conditions.

~ AJ
Upwork
gmamilic
Community Member

My client's account suspended

Hi upwork,

I've been working with my client for two months and now i got an email last week that

his account got suspended and upwork paused the contract, we always communicate but now that his account

got suspended he did not response to my messages.

what should I do?

thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths