🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client: deposit full payment will be done onc...
Page options
muhammdufarooq
Community Member

client: deposit full payment will be done once the job is fully approved

I have active project/contract but he only active milesone of $5 but cost of price is more then that and he write in milestone description "deposit full payment will be done once the job is fully approved" so when i complete the work should i deliever the work here or what shold i have to do ?should i say client something pls help me am new to upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should only deliver work that has been funded on the milestone. If the client wants you to turn in the full project, he needs to create a milestone with the full amount BEFORE you turn in your work (really before you start working is best). If you are only turning in part of the work each time, the client needs to fund milestones appropriate to the amount of work he wants you to complete, again, before you turn in your work. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

yeah you shouldn't have accepted that offer.

sjbercot
Community Member

The client is supposed to fund a milestone for the amount of work they want you to do. You only start and do that work when the milestone is funded. Then you submit the work for only that milestone to the contract using the Submit Work button, and the client releases (or Upwork auto-releases) your payment. You begin work on the second milestone AFTER the client funds it. So if the client has funded $5, you only do and submit $5 of work. If they want you to submit the full project, they need to fund it fully first. 

Clients who tell you that they won't fund milestones until after the project is delivered are not using Upwork as intended and are probably not a good fit. But maybe he's not sure how it was supposed to work either, and thinks not funding milestones is okay. So just be careful about telling him how it is supposed to go and finishing this contract as professionally as possible. If he doesn't want to fund the milestone, you should not submit the work for it. There is no way for you to be paid and he will have your work.

I already accpeted and 85% of work has been done so advise me should I only deliver work when client create milestone of full cost project.. thanks

You should only deliver work that has been funded on the milestone. If the client wants you to turn in the full project, he needs to create a milestone with the full amount BEFORE you turn in your work (really before you start working is best). If you are only turning in part of the work each time, the client needs to fund milestones appropriate to the amount of work he wants you to complete, again, before you turn in your work. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths