🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client didn't paid and blocked me
Page options
webappdesign
Community Member

client didn't paid and blocked me

we agreed on $50 but later on the client refused to pay me, she paid $25 and left a 1 star review and blocked me.

i submitted a  work but was not aware of pre funded and now the client is not ready to pay, also  she blocked me and placed a bad review, though i already contacted support team but i am not happy because they cannot understand what i really want to say.

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdul,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Unfortunately promised funds, bonus payments, unfunded milestones are not covered under our Upwork Payment Protection.
To learn more on how to protect yourself I can advice you to check our our guides on Hourly Protection for Freelancers and Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers.
If you need further help please share more details and I will assist you. You can also submit more details to our customer support and our team will investigate this further, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you for the details,  one more question,  due to bad review of client i lost my talent badge,  any way to get it back ?

Hi Abdul,

Unfortunately we won't be able to bring the badge back as feedback from clients is taken into consideration for Rising Talent, however when you complete a few more contracts you will get a JSS score and will be able to work towards Top Rated status.

~Nina

okay i understand, but the client put a fake review, actually she demanded a work which was not a part of the deal and to hurt my profile she rated the previous mile stone which i completed for her.

Hi Abdul,

Unfortunately we can`t take actions on the feedback left on your contract and only Top Rated freelancers have the option to remove feedback from their profile. Our team takes actions in this cases when there is a violation on our TOS. Thank you

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Abdul:

I'm very sorry that you had a bad experience, but it sounds like this client played by Upwork's rules. It wasn't nice, but she didn't break any rules.

Now that you have learned more about these rules, I'm sure you will not make the same mistake again.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths